[vertaling] gnucash 2.6.19 dutch translation [and all others]

Frank H. Ellenberger frank.h.ellenberger op gmail.com
Vr Jan 19 03:22:51 CET 2018

Hi Paul,

Am 19.01.2018 um 02:27 schrieb Paul de Vries:

>>> these texts are available in po/nl.po from github.
>>> i did the conversion: msgfmt -v po/nl.po -o /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/gnucash.mo
>>> and restarted gnucash.
>>>
>>> the texts are still not translated.
>>>
>>> what did i do wrong?
>>> what should i do to correct?

You were digging at the wrong place. Marks nl.po was already fine, but
the report just ignored the translation of the last 4 entries.

>> The nl.po in GitHub is the same one that's baked into 2.6.19, so recompiling it isn't going to change anything. From a brief look at the code it appears that the strings are marked for extraction to msgids in report/business-report/taxinvoice.scm but that gettext isn't actually called on them... but it's option text and the option system is pretty convoluted so I might have missed it.
>>
>> For anyone else looking into this the strings are defined at taxinvoice.scm lines 225-234.

While I understand Johns demurring about the option system, I had the
impression, this report did it - with the exception of 4 entries - in
the right way.

Please download a new version of the report
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/blob/890a24a38f820f4836faf576b877fb8f0393c787/src/report/business-reports/taxinvoice.scm

and test it in al possible ways. Save the report option, start gnucash
in a different language, overwrite them, switch back...
I did it only between de, en and nl.

>> Regards,
>> John Ralls
>
> 1) sorry for my misunderstanding:
>
> from gnu cash.org download mac osx intel
> http://downloads.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/gnucash/Gnucash-Intel-2.6.19-1.dmg
>
> ls -l /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/gnucash.mo.bkp
> -rw-r--r--@ 1 paul  admin  509687 Dec 17 17:31 /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/gnucash.mo.bkp
>
> from git clone
> https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash.git
>
> ls -l  ~/Develop/gnucash/gnucash/po/nl.po
> -rw-r--r--  1 paul  staff  968123 Jan 19 01:54 /Users/paul/Develop/gnucash/gnucash/po/nl.po
>
> i think that they are NOT the same.
>

> 2) my question remains:
>
> i made an insignificat change to the .po, run mnsgfmt and copy the .mo to the app.
> i verified that the change is present in the app .mo
> it is not pcied up by gnu cash.
>
> i still dont understand how to do it right. please explain.
> if you say that the option system doesnt use the .mo please explain how other option texts do get translated.

See
https://github.com/Gnucash/gnucash/commit/890a24a38f820f4836faf576b877fb8f0393c787

and read
https://wiki.gnucash.org/wiki/Translation#How_to_make_strings_in_code_translatable