[vertaling] gnucash 2.6.19 dutch translation

John Ralls jralls op ceridwen.us
Vr Jan 19 01:47:29 CET 2018

> On Jan 18, 2018, at 11:34 AM, Paul de Vries <paul.de.vries op xs4all.nl> wrote:
>
>> guncash 2.6.19 on mac osx
>> defaults write -app Gnucash AppleLanguages '(nl,en)'
>>
>> on the tax invoice report options there are some missing translations in koptekst2:
>>
>> tekst factuurnummer: Invoice number
>> aan-tekst: To
>> kenmerk-tekst: Your ref
>> tekst opdrachtnummer: Job number
>> tekst opdrachtnaam: Job name
>>
>> other messages are in ./Contents/Resources/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/gnucash.mo
>> in the download there are no *.po files so i cannot generate a new *.mo
>> on github there is a .po for "Project-Id-Version: gnucash-2.6.18\n".
>
> these texts are available in po/nl.po from github.
> i did the conversion: msgfmt -v po/nl.po -o /Applications/Gnucash.app/Contents/Resources/share/locale/nl/LC_MESSAGES/gnucash.mo
> and restarted gnucash.
>
> the texts are still not translated.
>
> what did i do wrong?
> what should i do to correct?

The nl.po in GitHub is the same one that's baked into 2.6.19, so recompiling it isn't going to change anything. From a brief look at the code it appears that the strings are marked for extraction to msgids in report/business-report/taxinvoice.scm but that gettext isn't actually called on them... but it's option text and the option system is pretty convoluted so I might have missed it.

For anyone else looking into this the strings are defined at taxinvoice.scm lines 225-234.

Regards,
John Ralls