[vertaling] Untranslated strings in GRUB Dutch translatation

Benno Schulenberg bensberg op justemail.net
Vr Mrt 2 20:05:58 CET 2012

Hello Vladimir,

On Fri, Mar 2, 2012, at 14:10, Vladimir 'φ-coder/phcoder' Serbinenko wrote:
> Hello, all. Thank you very much for grub Dutch translation. When I was
> discussing with German team it turned out that the msgstr's in grub.pot
> weren't clear enough. Was it the same problem for Dutch translations as
> well?

Some of the strings were indeed hard to understand, so the recent and the
additional clarifications were and are helpful.  But the main reason not all
strings are translated to Dutch yet is: lack of time.  And sometimes I can't
find the right wording/phrasing in Dutch, so I leave the string fuzzy, telling
me I have to look at it further.

> I've fixed, at least some of them. Updated pot is at
> http://download-mirror.savannah.gnu.org/releases/grub/phcoder/grub.pot
> If you think that clarification are good enough, I submit it to TP.

The clarifications are okay.  Just one thing: please start with a capital letter
after the "TRANSLATORS:" tag -- the tag isn't really part of the sentence,
so the real sentence should start with an uppercase letter.

And there's a closing quote missing in:
#. TRANSLATORS: "TARGET" as in "target platform

> I don't see why following msgstr's were a problem

Most of them weren't a problem, as I've explained above.

> msgid "Leaf virtual device (file or disk)"
> msgstr "Blad virtueel apparaat (bestand of schijf)"

Yes, this one could use some clarification.  What is a "leaf virtual device"?

> msgid "Invoke user configuration routing."
> msgstr "(doet momenteel niets)"

As far as I can tell, user configuration routing does not work yet in BSD,
so this option does nothing (yet) I think, and I've translated it as such,
but left it fuzzy.

Regards,

Benno

--