[vertaling] Re: Minor differences for ISO_3166 translations in Dutch (Debian and TP)

Frans Pop fjp at debian.org
Wed Jan 31 20:25:08 CET 2007

Wow, this relatively minor issue is really getting around ;-)

On Wednesday 31 January 2007 20:15, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> If plain "Man" is deemed insufficiently clear when there isn't
> enough context, then "eiland Man" or "Man (eiland)" could be used,
> but without an uppercase initial for "eiland".

IMO "eiland Man" would be incorrect as putting "eiland" in front implies
that it _is_ part of the name and in that case it should be capitalized.

I can also not think of any other example where something similar is done,
while I can think of cases where you have, for example "XXX (republiek)"
or "XXX, republiek". In this case I don't think using a comma would be
correct though.