[vertaling] New Dutch PO file for 'gnucash' (version 2.2.1)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Dec 19 10:04:21 CET 2007

Am Dienstag, 18. Dezember 2007 23:16 schrieb Benno Schulenberg:
> Christian Stimming wrote:
> > thanks a lot for the Dutch translation update of GnuCash. This
> > was surely some hard work.
>
> Not too much, I just fixed a bunch of glaring errors, and then got
> tired of it and submitted what I had.

Oh. I didn't realize you are both the TP maintainer and a Dutch translator.
Well, then you already know that gnucash accepts translations either way, as
long as a language team didn't clearly indicate which way of submission it
will prefer.

(I'll note you already knew this quite clearly before you submitted this
update, didn't you? Whatever.)

Either way, the preferred way of contributing the nl.po has to be discussed
among you Dutch translators, namely Hendrik-Jan and you.

> > Unfortunately, over the last months (or years) a different
> > translator has already submitted a largely finished Dutch
> > translation:
>
> What?!  Why doesn't the TP know about this?
>
> > Hendrik-Jan Heins was the last translator for the
> > currently shipped nl.po file, which has 3084 translations and its
> > PO-Revision-Date was 2007-08-12.
>
> This date doesn't say much: you change the date too when you edit a
> PO file after submission.

Come on. I'm not stupid. I don't edit a PO file after submission, hence this
date is the actual last revision date of the translator, otherwise I wouldn't
have it mentioned here. In this case the Revision-Date should give
Hendrik-Jan the reference to his last submitted file.

Either way, your newly submitted file has 1857 translations and Hendrik-Jan's
last one has 3084, which means (unfortunately) gnucash is better off by
keeping the existing file for now.

> So when was that file submitted, and why
> wasn't the TP notified long ago about this external translation?
>
> Please figure out what I changed in the 2.2.1 file and overwrite
> those changes into your current 2.2.2 file.

No. As I don't speak Dutch (and AFAIK there still doesn't exist a good
po-file-merge tool anywhere), I won't touch the actual po file content.
That's something the two of you need to figure out together. Sorry for that,
but at points like this there isn't any other solution than talking to each
other.

Thank you very much!

Christian