[Traduc] Re: clisp-2.28.1 (0%, 1387 untranslated)

Martin v. Loewis vertaling@nl.linux.org
16 Jun 2002 10:09:15 +0200

Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org> writes:

> I hoped that TP will help us find people to maintain the existing
> translations and create new ones.
>
> are my expectations reasonable?

Certainly. In many cases, it takes months or years until somebody
volunteers for a specific language, though.

> does it ever happen that the translation becomes orphaned?
> suppose a translator leaves TP - what happens to his translations?
> are they dropped from the TP?
> does TP assign a new maintainer?

If we had a copyright disclaimer from the original author, there is no
problem at all: it happens all the time, and new volunteers take over.

If the last translator cannot be contacted at the time some new
volunteer wants to take over, and the last translator did not leave
clear permission that the work can be re-used, we have a problem; that
happened from time to time in the past.

> we have en,de,fr,es,nl,ru, of which only en and ru are more or less
> guaranteed to be properly maintained by the CLISP people.
> we would appreciate it if the TP could help us with the rest.

In the past, the most effective way to interest translator was to show
activity in a project. Every time a new POT file is installed, the
teams are notified (for some teams, just the team leaders). Some teams
are more active than others, so response certainly varies.

Regards,
Martin
---
Open Source Software vertaalproject, vertaling@nl.linux.org