[Traduc] Re: clisp-2.28.1 (0%, 1387 untranslated)

Sam Steingold vertaling@nl.linux.org
15 Jun 2002 19:02:28 -0400

> * In message <m33cvomd70.fsf@mira.informatik.hu-berlin.de>
> * On the subject of "Re: [Traduc] Re: clisp-2.28.1 (0%, 1387 untranslated)"
> * Sent on 15 Jun 2002 23:42:11 +0200
> * Honorable martin@v.loewis.de (Martin v. Loewis) writes:
>
> If you are comfortable with the current setup, it might be a
> simplification for you to just drop usage of the TP.

I hoped that TP will help us find people to maintain the existing
translations and create new ones.

are my expectations reasonable?

> If a new translator comes along, wishing to translate CLISP, he first
> needs to communicate that desire to the team leader, which then
> communicates that to us. Hopefully, at that point, we remember the
> existing translations.

does it ever happen that the translation becomes orphaned?
suppose a translator leaves TP - what happens to his translations?
are they dropped from the TP?
does TP assign a new maintainer?

we have en,de,fr,es,nl,ru, of which only en and ru are more or less
guaranteed to be properly maintained by the CLISP people.
we would appreciate it if the TP could help us with the rest.

--
Sam Steingold (http://www.podval.org/~sds) running RedHat7.2 GNU/Linux
<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>