[vertaling] gnucash Dutch translation collision (was: New Dutch PO file for 'gnucash' (version 2.2.1))

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Wed Dec 19 13:35:47 CET 2007

Am Mittwoch, 19. Dezember 2007 12:21 schrieb Benno Schulenberg:
> Christian Stimming wrote:
> > Oh. I didn't realize you are both the TP maintainer and a Dutch
> > translator. Well, then you already know that gnucash accepts
> > translations either way, as long as a language team didn't
> > clearly indicate which way of submission it will prefer.
> >
> > (I'll note you already knew this quite clearly before you
> > submitted this update, didn't you? Whatever.)
>
> Frigging shit!  You think I submitted this slightly modified ancient
> file on purpose?  NO!  I made a stupid mistake.  Diffing the latest
> version at the TP and the one in the 2.2.1 tarball showed so many
> differences that the two headers were far apart and impossible to
> compare.  And then later I must have forgot to look more closely,
> having had several other files to deal with...

I'm sorry about you making a mistake. But please note that my first email
reply did exactly that: Explaining to you what happened and asking for you to
discuss this with the previous translator, and explaining this as politely as
possible. I was missing the politeness in your next reply a bit, which is why
I added my above reminder to you.

I cannot see why you should blame anyone else except you for your mistake, I'm
sorry to say. Anyway, the mistake from your side doesn' t seem too serious -
you probably changed some tens of strings, which was unfortunately some work
in vein, but we're not talking about hours or days of work.

Nevertheless, you should seriously reconsider your behaviour in terms of
making decisions about the TP project as opposed to your individual
coordination with particular translations in particular projects. Needless to
say, this kind of behaviour from your side unfortunately does *not* help in
rebuilding trust into the Translation Project as a whole. I'll have to
explain it this way to the whole gnucash community when explaining why
translation teams would not be able to choose the TP as a way of submitting
their contributions anymore.

> Whatever.  You have been dropped from the TP.

No further comment from here.

Regards,

Christian