[vertaling] Translation for Gizmo Project

Tim Van Holder tim.van.holder at telenet.be
Sat Oct 29 18:42:06 CEST 2005

Herman Bloggs wrote:
> Hi,
>
> My name is Herman and I'm part of the Gaim development team (Windows Gaim).
> I'm emailing you because you're email address appeared in one of Gaim's
> translation files, and I have been asked to invite you to translate for
> Gizmo Project.  Gizmo Project is a standards based VOIP/IM application
> (similar to Skype) for Windows, OSX and Linux.  If you are interested in
> providing translations, or know anyone else who is interested, please reply
> to jobs at sipphone.com.  When replying please include your language in the
> subject line (e.g. German translation for Gizmo Project).
>
> For more about Gizmo Project, and application downloads, visit
> www.gizmoproject.com.

1) When sending to a mailing list, please don't do it via a BCC: - it
   prevents mail filters from working.  In this case, I get the
   impression you mass-mailed several translation teams, which is a
   dubious practice at best.
2) The mailing list you contacted is for translation of FLOSS
   (Free/Libre and Open Source Software).  The Gizmo Project seems to be
   a commercial, closed source project, so it's somewhat inappropriate
   for you to solicit translations here.  Especially since you "invite
   people to provide translations" instead of offering to hire them to
   do so.  "Nice Try" seems an appropriate response.