ANNOUNCE: GRUT v1.5

Kees van den Broek vertaling@nl.linux.org
27 Aug 2003 00:50:51 +0200

Hi,

Just before the GNOME 2.4 release I announce a new GRUT release.

"GRUT stands for GRand Unified Translation and is a tool for merging
different translations of similar original sentences into one
translation in order to maximize language consistency between groups of
applications."

Here's the changelog:

version 1.5 (2003-08-26):
    * Generation of a summary is now possible
    * Get rid of startup errors (from Pedro Morais)
    * Check for correct version of PyGTK and GTK+ on startup

GRUT should now be able to detect missing libraries on startup and let
the user know about this. Several people reported problems on startup.

Also, to make life easier for my translation team leader, GRUT is now
able to generate a summary of affected translations. It's easier to read
than skimming through the patches (at least, that was the idea!)

More information about GRUT, screenshots and binaries you'll find at:
http://www.kvdb.net/projects/grut

Let me know if you encounter any problems, I'll try to solve them asap!

Cheers,
Kees

---
Open Source Software vertaalproject, vertaling@nl.linux.org