[Traduc] Re: clisp-2.28.1 (0%, 1387 untranslated)

Stefan Kain vertaling@nl.linux.org
Sat, 15 Jun 2002 19:53:42 +0200

Sorry for the fuss,

there seems to be some misunderstanding:

Lots of the messages in CLISP have already been translated partly to the
various
languages. That's why we have some po files for them in our repository.

When Sam suggested to download those files from CVS he did not mean to
violate the TP process. We just want to avoid that you translate the
messages from
scratch, while there is at the same time a substantial part done, already!
Isn't it better start with the po-files that are currently available?

Please relax! We do not want a special solution for us.

> Sam Steingold <sds@gnu.org> writes:
>
> > please grab them from the CVS at
> > <http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/clisp/clisp/src/po/>
>
> That's not how the TP works, please see

OK. Where do you want me to deposit the po-files? I can create a web-page
with links to the po-files, publish that URL on
translation@IRO.UMontreal.CA,
and the various translaters can grab the files at own will.
Is that satisfying for you?

> Translators will submit their translations to the TP, which will
> forward them to the maintainers.

fine.

> If you think this won't work for CLISP, please let us know - we can
> certainly remove CLISP from the TP.

Smooth it, please. Why so aggressive?

Bye,
Stefan