[vertaling] [xliff-tools] Eviltrans - Open source transilation suite (fwd)

Reinout van Schouwen reinout at cs.vu.nl
Fri Mar 18 11:38:03 CET 2005

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 23:36:55 +0100
From: Fredrik Corneliusson <fredrik.corneliusson at gmail.com>
To: xliff-tools at lists.freedesktop.org
Subject: [xliff-tools] Eviltrans - Open source transilation suite

Hi, I just want to let you know of a project me and a friend are
working on as we share some common ground.
The project is an open source translation suite that aims to fill the
current void in open source tools when it comes to commercial
counterparts such as Trados.
It's still in an early stage and what we have now is a Xliff Editor
(just about usable) written by me and a translation memory with fuzzy
matching written by Fredrik Estreen.

What we need is XLIFF and TMX filters, testers, users developers,
luxury cars and  world peace, etc ;-)

The working name is Eviltrans and you can find it here:
http://eviltrans.sourceforge.net/

If you want to take it for a spin please download the zip package and
avoid the CVS for now as it's full of broken stuff that will be
flushed soon. The TM Engine is probably going to see some interesting
stuff added later this week.

Cheers,
Fredrik Corneliusson