Language translation of eLearning platform

Elvis Ndlovu vertaling@nl.linux.org
Fri, 14 Mar 2003 10:43:28 +0200

--=_EDB2AF5C.0D6C6692

Dear Open Source colleagues,

One of the first tasks that we are engaging in under the AVOIR project is =
to go through all our code and make the interface for our open source =
eLearning system (KEWL) multilingual compatible. You can see the effects =
of this by going to http://kewlforge.uwc.ac.za/ and selecting Zulu as the =
language.=20

We are now looking to set up volunteer teams to translate KEWL in to other =
African languages (other languages too, but the primary focus is on =
African languages). Doing a new language is simply a matter of informing =
Elvis Ndlovu that you would like to add your language. Once this is done, =
Elvis can either generate an Access database that you can download and use =
offline, or give you access to do the translation online. If you are a =
developer and have downloaded and have a working version of KEWL installed,=
 you can also do the translation locally and then synch the translation =
back to the server via a generated Access database. Please contact Elvis =
at endlovu@uwc.ac.za for further information if you are interested in =
participating as a volunteer in this initiative, or pass on this message =
to anyone you know who might be interested.

Regards
Elvis

Mr P. E. Ndlovu
Junior Systems Developer,Information & Communication Services=20
University Of Western Cape,P. Bag X17,Belville, South Africa=20
Tel (021) 959 2684
Fax (021) 959 2775
E-mail: endlovu@uwc.ac.za
http://elearn.nettelafrica.org