Portuguese translator

Gorete Figueiredo vertaling@nl.linux.org
Thu, 18 Apr 2002 06:02:52 -0700 (PDT)

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to be included in your translator’s
database.
I am a qualified and reliable translator with vast
experience translating from and into English and
Portuguese.
Please find below my detailed and updated curriculum
vitae.  In brief I am a native of Portugal and earned
a Masters Degree in English and German Languages at
the New University of Lisbon.  I have been a full time
freelance translator working in different fields
(mainly technical manuals, insurance, finance, and
software) since 1994 for several companies in Europe
and in the USA.
Thank you in advance.
Yours sincerely,
Gorete  Figueiredo

Curriculum Vitae
GORETE  FIGUEIREDO
Translator from English and Spanish into Portuguese
Specialization: industrial, insurance, finance,
software.

Phone: +44 20 7863 4253
Fax : +44 20 7863 4253
E-mail: g_figueiredo@yahoo.com
Address: Woodbury Street, London SW17, England

 PERSONAL

Born 1971, Dusseldorf, Germany.
Nationality: Portuguese.

EDUCATION

Licenciatura - Licenciatura in Modern Languages and
Literature  (English and German), New University of
Lisbon, Portugal, 1989-1993.

German Literature Program, University of Hamburg,
Germany, 1993-1994.

Current Developments in Language Teaching.  University
of Westminster/CILT, London.  November, 1995 - April
1996.

Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English.
London.  June 1996.

Certificate of Special Study in Applied Languages.
Westminster Adult Education Services, London.  January
1997 - May 1997.

GRANTS

-Undergraduate Fellowships, New University of Lisbon.
1989, 1990, 1991, 1992.
-Erasmus grant for studies in the University of
Hamburg, Germany. 1993.

MEMBERSHIP

Chambre Belge des Traducteurs

LANGUAGES

Native:  Portuguese.

Proficient: English, German and Spanish

Competent: French, Italian and Norwegian

Basic: Hebrew

WORK EXPERIENCE

Full Time Freelance Translator since October 1994.

Latest Translation Projects:
-Insurance Seminars for Swiss Re, London, 90,000
words.
-Banking Seminars for J.P. Morgan, London, 120,000
words.
-Several Operators’ Manuals for Pioneer, Brussels,
65,000 words.
-Education Project for Angola for the Norwegian
Refugee Council, Oslo, 40,000 words.
-Manuals for General Electrics Medical Systems,
Israel, 20,000 words.

Main fields:
-	Operator's Manual for mobiles, medical instruments,
household appliances, industrial machines, and toys
-	Finance documents
-	Insurance documents
-	Software
-	Business letters
 -     Software for video games
 -     Market Research scripts
-	Survey Questionnaires
-	Legal and court documents
-     Lab catalogues
 -     Education

Main companies (see details at the end):
IBM
Pioneer
Agfa
Ericsson
Bosch-Siemens
General Electrics Medical Systems
United Nations
AtlasCopCo
J.P. Morgan Banking Investments
CitiBank
SwissRe
Eagle Star International
Amnesty International
Norwegian Refugee Council
Tiny Love
Amdocs
Asley Insurance
TEVA
Pem International
Dimco – Diamond Industry
MACPursa Lifts
Elbit
eXpert
Protea
GreenField Consultants
Endocom
Flymo
IDE
Roman Glass Company

Main agencies:
Eurotek - England
Cybernetics- England
Alden Translations - England
Bilinguagroup - England
Cambitur - England
U.K. Tech Translations - England
Language Power Center - New York
Language Link - England
Accent Translations - England
Language Services - Norway
SGS Documentation Services - Belgium
Babel Languages - England
TextNet Aps - Danmark
InterOffice - Israel
70 Linguae - Israel
Tirgum CC - Israel
TransCom - Israel
Morote Translations	- Spain
Proverb - Spain
Enter - Portugal

Software:
Windows 98
Microsoft Office 2000
Corel Word perfect 8.0
PowerPoint 2000
Flip 97 (Portuguese technical dictionaries)
XL8
WinZip
Acrobat Reader

Project’s details:
Pioneer – User Manuals for car CD Players
Agfa – User Manuals for Copy Machines
Ericsson – User Manuals for Mobile Phones
Bosch-Siemens – User Manuals for household appliances
General Electrics Medical Systems – User Manuals for
Medical Appliances
United Nations – Proposals for Aid Programs in Angola

J.P. Morgan Banking Investments – Finance seminars
CitiBank – Banking contracts
SwissRe – Insurance seminars
Eagle Star International – Insurance contracts
Amnesty International – Court documents
Norwegian Refugee Council	 - Education program for
schools in Angola
Tiny Love – Presentation Brochures and user manuals
for toys
Amdocs – Business proposals for software systems
Asley Insurance –Insurance contracts
Dimco – Diamond Industry – Business letters and
newspaper articles
Giving Imaging – End User Manuals for Sensors
MACPursa Lifts – Installation and Maintenance Manuals
for Lifts
Elbit – Military proposals for the Angolan Government
Expert – Presentation Brochures
GreenField Consultants – Business documents
Endocom – Medical software
Flymo – User Manuals for gardening appliances
Roman Glass Company – Business letters

=====
Gorete Figueiredo
Technical Translator